Sunday, February 28, 2010

Five Points of View






I visited Simpson's Barber Shop right across from Moniteau County Courthouse, California, MO.

Roy Simpson, the shop's owner, has been a barber for the last 58 years. He works in the morning and another barber Harold works in the afternoon.

My idea is to portray the details of the shop: the barber, regulars, tools, and so on. I was able to get a consent from Mr. Simpson last Wednesday and started to taking photographs. Unfortunately, there were no customers (mostly regulars) while I was at the shop. So I couldn't photograph him working on hair cut.

These five photographs are from last Wednesday.

I visited the shop today (Sunday, Feb. 28th) for more photos, but it was closed for some reason. Monday is the day it is regularly closed. I hope I get more photos on Tuesday.



















No comments:

Post a Comment