Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fill/Balance Flash_1

For the first take, I drove out to a small town called, Devil’s Elbow. It was located approximately 12 miles from the city of Rolla in Missouri. The town is one of many historic towns that still embrace the Route 66 culture.

While driving through the Ozark Mountain, I found a river called, Big Piney River boasting natural beautify of the mountain region. Although there were still leafless trees and dead grass on the riverbank, I thought the environment would work well for the assignment.

People were almost scarce except drivers occasionally passed by. Luckily enough, I found two people fishing at the riverbank. Their names were Donnie (short-haired) and David (long-haired). They were brothers who would quite often fish red horse around the area.

As usual, a fisherman is a loaner. As I asked David for permission to photograph, he said, “YI don't mind, but I don’t talk.” I was interested in capturing the environment as beautiful as possible and people in it.
















The available light changed slightly between the two takes. However, without fill flash, the subject in the second photo (the one below) would look as dark as the one in the first photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment