Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break


One of the places I went to during Spring Break was Sioux Falls in South Dakota. It was a freezing day up there. By the evening, the outside temperature was right around 32F. I was not impressed by the falls, Sioux Falls was unique in its own characteristics. At least, I added one state to a list of states I had been to. There are 22 states more to go.

I experimented with time exposure under a freezing temperature. Sometimes, my camera behaved erratically under the harsh weather. To my surprise, however, time exposure works well with digital camera. Noise is nearly free, but it should depend on a model of camera. Each image looks slightly soft. It is most likely because of lens diffraction. With smaller aperture such as f11 or F16, we can get a maximum depth of field, but a lens will lose the ability to resolve. Usually, a lens will yield maximum resolving power when the aperture is stopped down by 2 ~ 3 stops from its widest opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment